Monday, June 18, 2012

First Place!!!

I know your thinking that this is a lot of posts recently, but I have to share this I have actually come in first place in a race!! I know it is hard to believe, but I ran a 10k during the Jekyll Island Turtle Crawl Triathlon and I came in first in my age group. I have always settled for being a middle of the pack runner and working out my own PR, but this was possibly the most motivating thing I have accomplished in a very long time.

This one event has set me on a new path and that means I am doing something fantastic. I have started reaching deeper to build a new base. I am taking to a whole new level of fast and overall health. I've decided to drop some pounds and start being more holistic in my approach to improving the person I am. That means adding to my routine and adding some cross training, I want to take it up a notch and all this because in my age group I CAME IN FIRST PLACE!!!



My next race if your curious is the Sunshine Festival 5k and there are usually many people in my age group at these local 5k races, so while I may not dominate this one, I know I will be better then last time and I did get older and sometimes that means I don't have to get faster. ;)

No comments: