Monday, June 16, 2008

Fatherhood

Here I sit listening to my baby cry and recovering from a day of the year set aside for fathers, I think about what it means to be a father and I don't simply have the words for it, maybe it is because I am neophyte in the realm of fatherhood or perhaps my vocabulary lacks the punch to say what I mean, but I can say that I know this for sure - being a dad ain't easy! I mean sure I could sit on the couch and order my wife to "take care of those kids" or better yet "can't you keep them quite!" or I could do what I'm doing now and wait over the course of the next 30+ plus years to see how I did. I feel like I am doing a good job and honestly I like the idea of a 30 year grading curve, so to all us fathers keep doing what your doing, just don't screw them up! They look to you for more and you should be more.

That's my opinion and I don't care about yours!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Bring on some more randomness!