Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Cheering Section and Black Toenails

It was brought to my attention after the last blog that I had forgotten one of the most important aspects of the marathon. That was I actually had a cheering section this time. My wife and our friend Tara showed up at the finish line to cheer me on. In all fairness Tara showed up for her much faster husband Ben, but everyone stayed around for me to finish. I managed to see them at the finish line and they helped to push me on to finish the run. It was a good uplifting moment to see people at the finish that I actually knew, it helped so much to make the post race trip back to the cabin such a better trip then normal.

As an aside I did manage to gain a source of runners pride through out all this and I gained black toenails. Now some of you may wonder why that is such a big deal? For me it meant that I went all the way through the pain and exhaustion to do something that so few in this world can claim. For me, my black toenails means that I am a marathoner and proud of it.

No comments: