Monday, January 31, 2011

Ouch!

I had some fun this past weekend. I had a great time with the kids, spend some time out with my buddy Dave, my wife cleaned out the garage with out asking (love her!), and went for a nice dinner with the family where everyone was on their best behavior. It simply did not get any better then that, so feeling frisky I thought I will treat myself to a Happy Hour margarita or two. As with every choice there are consequences.

To quote an old Hank Jr. song I enjoy "the hangover's hurt more then they used to..." I didn't think those two $1.99 margarita's were that strong, but yesterday I felt pretty hungover before I even went to bed and managed to feel about as bad when I woke up. I did not think those drinks were going to hit me, but what do I know. I'm inching closer to 40 everyday.

I think what has happened is that I had concentrated so hard on training and taking care of my body (minus the occasional hot wing fest...I have to have a vice) that those couple of drinks really did me in. So imagine my surprise when I found my self with a little hangover pain this morning...ugh. As I start gearing up for the final races of my racing season, and the training that goes with it, I think that I need to remember that I need to respect what goes in to my body, because I'm not sure I have the strength for the morning after any more. Speaking of which, I think there is a nice tall glass of cleansing water calling my name.

No comments: