Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Skinny Shirt

I am not sure if you have ever heard of skinny jeans, you know that new girl thing about jeans that are too small, but I think Meg must have thought I needed a skinny shirt. I'm not sure if it is the same concept, but what do I know about fashion. She was so thoughtful at Christmas she wanted to contribute to my marathon success so she bought me things such as almonds and walnuts to eat while I ran and she bought me a champion quick dry shirt for me to wear when I run to keep the sweat down and not over heat.



Well, it was finally warm enough and with enough daylight to go running today and I decided to use the very nice new running shirt that my wife picked out for me. It looks a little something like this:





I am not sure what she thought, I would look like if I wore this, but without it she must have thought I looked like this when I run:





and that by encouraging me to wear this skinny shirt I would look more like this:



I am not sure that worked out like she wanted because I think I still kinda look like this guy:















(I'm the bald one)


I am not sure wearing my skinny shirt will make a big difference, but I did try to suck in the gut a little bit more when I was running, I mean the shirt was not forgiving at all and I did not want to jiggle too much when I ran.



In all fairness it took me a long time to get comfortable enough with my shape to wear those quick-dry shirts they give you at the race (please see above shirt). I am sure that with a little more hard work and exercise I may get comfortable with a possible new body shape to wear my skinny shirt. On the other hand if I hit it big and have enough money to have a personal trainer, a personal dietitian, a personal spray tanner, and a house on the beach I might even look a little more like the guy in the middle who ever he is. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you "hit it big" and end up with that house on the beach, I request cookouts every Sunday evening!