Monday, June 21, 2010

The Joy of Healing

Well, I have been off the road for about 10 days now I must say that it has not been a good 10 days. I have hurt and cramped and felt thick in the middle. It has not been as fun as I thought and the worst part is my training regimen for the 1/2 marathon is 18 weeks and I only have 14 to go if I start next week. AHHHHHHH! I have three training runs from my 5k left over. So it looks like I will be finishing that off this week and then I start next week picking up at the 4 week mark and get going again. I am looking forward to it. I am not sure what has been the benefit from the healing time. I mean sure I have slept later and my feet don't hurt like they used to and I have downloaded some new songs to keep me going and motivated to stay in motion...so really what was the benefit?

So, now comes the super important mental switch. I have to find the motivation to throw the switch and get running again. I think I will allow myself to splurge and buy some good running sun glasses to help me in these summer runs. I also think I could use about 3-5 more running songs. I am leaning toward LL Cool J and a couple of other artists to keep me moving. On the other happy note when I add new songs I tend to dance while I run until I successfully incorporate them into my running brain. The odd thing was I thought I was good on the training until next week since I thought it was 12 weeks, but apparently my training site changed the plan and now it is 18 weeks, oh well.

You know the other thing that comes to mind is that since I intend to run the Disney Marathon in January I will be starting in the middle of that training program as well. Should I consider this a year of short cuts? Or should I take my left over weeks and make them into my 15k training program for Jacksonville? Decisions, decisions.

No comments: