Monday, June 14, 2010

The race is run!


The race has been run now for about 48 hours and it was an absolute blast. I think the 90/10 change occurred for me at some point Saturday. I knew I was going to do it and kick some tail in doing so. I had trained my body for weeks and I knew I could do this physically and then as I looked around at all the other runners I simply needed to know that I owned them, no matter what I was going to take them on and beat them.


This kind of talk is necessary to flip that mental switch to remove doubt. There comes a point in every athletes life, where the physical does not matter at all due to the training it was now only you and your thoughts that cause for the race to be a success or a failure. Once you start there is no going back there is only going forward! I love it when that happens when I reach that point of serenity in my thoughts that makes running fun and the races worth running.



Of course it helps to get a medal and some lovely parting gifts on race day and now the moment all have been waiting for a picture of the medal that I and my wife won. I am such a sucker for a medal!
 

No comments: