Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Runners Notebook

Today was my first day back after a recovery day (read as rest) and man was I going slow. I mean I lost a full minute off my run. I am not really worried about it, because I ran in the rain and drizzle and that makes me look hard core. It was a pleasant run, but I knew it was going to be a while, it took me 5 minutes to get to the red light. Five minutes, was I even moving? Well during the run I felt good and had a great pace. I then started having thoughts and basically I decided that one of the best parts of my entire day was the enormous FULL rainbow that I saw for the majority of my trip to the starting block. All the colors were present it was amazing and that was when I thought to myself - I really enjoy and need those runs it helps me sweat, feel good, and allows me to compete against my greatest rival - the clock! Ah what a great evening run. Now I am going to go and nurse my sore hip-flexer. ouch ouch ouch....

No comments: